Our COVID-19 measures
At Lapland Sleddog Adventures, your safety, health and well-being are our biggest priority. In order to give you the highest possible confidence in our services during this unprecedented time, we’ve put in place COVID-19 measures. Outlined below are some of the steps we’re taking to keep you safe during your visit with us. We’re also updating our refund policy so you can have 100% confidence in booking a stay or tour with us should you have to cancel your holiday.
- All of our longer tours, and tours offered to our overnight guests, are always private.
- We’ve always focused on high quality, private tours but we have introduced even more ‘private’ options. For our daily ‘Forest Escape’ and ‘Aurora Hunt’ sit-down dog sled tours, you will now have the option to book a private tour just for the group you are travelling with. Our private ‘Forest Escape’ tour is available at 12.30 daily (bookable online or by telephone), and at 09.30 (by telephone only). The ‘Aurora Hunt’ private tour is available at 17.00 (December and January) or 18.00 (February and March) but can only be booked by telephone. All tours are subject to availability.
- We will continue to offer ‘socially distanced’ Forest Escape and Aurora Hunt tours daily for mixed groups. In this case, each travelling group will be sat together on one or more sleds (up to 4 people, or 5 people if including children, per sled). Each tour will have a maximum group size of 12 people and/or 3 sleds (unless you are more than 12 people as one travelling group). Please note, to guarantee your own private sled, you should book a private tour, as we cannot make any guarantees that you will be alone on the sled during one of our ‘socially distanced’ tours. All tours are subject to availability of guides and sleds.
- During your tour, sleds may now depart at slightly different intervals for each travelling group in order to maintain social distance.
- It will be mandatory for all guests to wear a face mask when travelling in our minivan and throughout the tour. This includes all transport to/from your hotel to/from our kennel. If you do not have a face mask, you can purchase one of our specially designed ‘northern light’ neck tubes from your driver. This can be pulled up over your face during transport in our minivan as well as being suitable for use during the tour. It will even keep you nice and warm during the rest of your holiday. We think you’ll love them so much you might even be tempted to buy one as a present for your friends and family at home! Please note, this includes all children over the age of 10 years.
- Guests will be asked to use our changing room and toilet facilities one travelling group at a time.
- All shared facilities such as the changing room and toilet will be cleaned after each tour, ensuring safety for the next group.
- There may be a temporary change to refreshments offered. This may include offering coffee and refreshments outside of our tepee tent and using environmentally friendly disposable cups instead of washable ones.
- As a temporary measure, we advise all guests to use their own outer clothing (jacket, trousers, boots etc). If we assess your clothing to be inadequate for the tour you have chosen, we will provide clothes as usual, or a blanket. All borrowed clothing will be disinfected, and blankets thoroughly washed through, after each use.
STAYING WITH US
- Our Lodge is a deluxe apartment for up to 8 overnight guests situated at the heart of our kennel. It offers comfort and warmth in a magical forest setting and is always booked on an exclusive use/private basis. It is the perfect solution if you want to go on holiday but remain isolated from crowds of tourists. You can book and stay at the Lodge knowing that you and your group will remain safely distanced from all other daily guests.
- As a temporary measure, we are not offering catered stays in the Lodge. This will ensure minimal contact between our staff and our guests living space. Instead, we will offer one visit (free of charge) to the local supermarket so you can shop for your own food. The Lodge is equipped with a fully fitted kitchen, pots, pans and utensils as well as a dishwasher.
- The Lodge is deep cleaned after every departure so you can be confident in your surroundings when staying with us.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
- We are making a temporary change to our Terms & Conditions so that you can feel 100% confident of getting a FULL refund on your tour should you be forced to cancel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions imposed by your home country, or the Swedish government. This also applies if you, or someone in your travelling party, contracts COVID-19 and is unable to travel to Sweden. Please note, we may ask for confirmation of a positive COVID-19 test in order to refund you in full, otherwise our normal Terms & Conditions will apply. For our longer tours and overnight guests, you will be offered a change of date for your holiday at no extra charge. If suitable alternative dates cannot be agreed on (after reasonable effort on both sides), you will be offered a FULL refund for your holiday. Cancellations must be given in writing by email or by telephone, by the person who made the original booking, a MINIMUM of 24-hours in advance for short (daily) tours or 48 hours for longer tours and overnight guests, otherwise our standard Terms & Conditions apply.
Please note, whilst we have gone to great lengths and effort to ensure the safety of our visitors, none of the above can guarantee against the spread of COVID-19.